Philippe Gerum wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 09:58 +0200, Jesper Christensen wrote:
>> Great thanks, but i can't help wondering if the problems i'm seeing are
>> related to some of my userspace programs using fp.
>
> I don't think so. The switchtest programs exercises the FPU hardware in
> a certain way to make sure it is available in real-time mode from kernel
> space (which is an utterly crappy legacy, but we will have to deal with
> it until Xenomai 3.x). As far as I can see from your .config, you can't
> have such support, so switchtest was basically trying to test an
> inexistent feature.

In fact, switchtest whether Xenomai FPU switch routines work when the
Linux kernel itself uses FPU in kernel-space. Currently, the only place
when this happens is in the RAID code: x86 uses mmx/sse, and some power
pcs use altivec. Some powerpc also fix unaligned accesses to floating
point data in kernel-space, I do not know if this may interfere, which
is why the powerpc code is compiled even without RAID.