On 07/26/2011 02:09 PM, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> On 11/07/11 20:43, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> On 07/07/2011 11:47 PM, Anders Blomdell wrote:
>>> When compiling kernel 2.6.37.3 and xenomai 2.5.6 with "gcc version 4.6.0
>>> 20110530 (Red Hat 4.6.0-9) (GCC)", programs fail with -ENOSYS in
>>> rt_task_shadow. If compiled with "gcc version 4.5.1 20100924 (Red Hat
>>> 4.5.1-4) (GCC)" everything works as expected.
>>
>> I think it is due to the modifications of syscall.h I made to implement
>> pseudo-signals handling, which implementation was never finished, and
>> removed in xenomai-head. Could you try xenomai-head to see if you get
>> the failure? I tried backporting it, but the code evolved too much in
>> both repositories, the backport needs to spend some time on it, so, I
>> would like to know whether it is really needed.
>
> Has this issue been investigated further? I may have the occasion to try
> again to compile a Xenomai kernel with gcc 4.6 this week and I would
> like to know where to start to debug and solve this issue.
>
> Thank you. Cheers,

The issue has been investigated, as explained in the mail you are
quoting, it seems to be due to the implementation of pseudo-signals
which as in xenomai 2.5 code and no longer is in xenomai-head code.

In order to get confirmation, I am still waiting for someone to test
xenomai-head with gcc 4.6.

--
                                                                Gilles.