On 01/16/2012 04:09 PM, Makarand Pradhan wrote:
Thanks Philippe.

To ensure that I understand correctly, let me rephrase my understanding.

In 3.0, the rt_pipe_create and friends will cease to exist. We have to
start using the sockets with domain AF_RTIPC and protocol IPCPROTO_XDDP
instead.

Is that a correct statement?

Basically, yes. In addition, X3 will keep the RT_PIPE interface for the -rt endpoint available on the application-side, by wrapping a XDDP socket to a RT_PIPE descriptor under the hood. In kernel space however, the RT_PIPE API to create -rt endpoints won't be available anymore, one will have to create them via the rtdm_socket/rt_dev_socket calls.

In any case, the API for the non-rt side does not change, i.e. POSIX file I/O calls will still be the way to interface with the -rt endpoint.

Rgds,
Mak.