On 01/04/2013 11:04 AM, Richard Cochran wrote:
> FCSE is a special, esoteric case I think. New drivers are not so hard
> to get merged, but you are right about the iterations.

Is it? Still working on that consumer device I have another example of
patch that never made it to mainline. Maybe simply different communities
have different goals?

http://linux.davincidsp.com/pipermail/davinci-linux-open-source/2011-January/021885.html

https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/2/3/43

for a consumer device, it makes sense to continue working properly even
if a storage device was removed uncleanly, the linux community, on the
other hand, may consider this issue a corner case, just like using the FCSE.

--
                                            Gilles.