Gilles,

Am 16.04.2013 um 20:08 schrieb Gilles Chanteperdrix
<gilles.chanteperd...@xenomai.org>:

> On 04/16/2013 02:59 PM, Michael Haberler wrote:
>> reading up on ksrc/skins/posix/shm.c it occurs to me it isnt exactly
>> a copy & paste job getting that to run without the Xenomai
>> environment
>

> The reason is that the posix shm interface is not exactly simple. By
> defining your own API, you can do something much simpler. You them
> implement the API directly in kernel-space with return memory, and in
> user-space by using the ioctls provided by the driver.

I felt so.. writing off a wild phantasy.

The current approach works perfectly fine and already supports clean regression
test runs on RTAI kernel threads, as well as Xenomai kernel and userland RT
threads. The rest is harmless.

Thanks a lot for the excellent advice!

- Michael