Hi!

I am trying to set up Xenomai v.3.0.7 on Ubuntu 18.04 with kernel 4.9.90.

I have downloaded Xenomai from git and checked out the v.3.0.7 tag for
stable version of Xenomai.

To set up the new kernel I have copied the configuration from currently
running version (4.15.0-36-generic). Also I am preparing the kernel with
following

sudo xenomai/scripts/prepare-kernel.sh --linux=/usr/src/linux
--arch=x86_64 --ipipe=/usr/src/ipipe-core-4.9.90-x86-6.patch

In kernel configuration I have turned off the following:

Power management and ACPI options -> ACPI (Advanced Configuration and
Power Interface) Support -> Processor
Power management and ACPI options -> CPU Frequency scaling -> CPU
Frequency scaling
Power management and ACPI options -> CPU Idle -> CPU idle PM support

Unfortunately, I could not turn off page migration since it is build in
the kernel and "hard fixing" it in the kernel configuration file did not
seemed to the best idea.

After that I have build the kernel with following:

sudo make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=-xenomai-3.0.7 -j8
kernel-image kernel-headers modules

and that

sudo dpkg -i linux-image-*.deb
sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-*.deb
sudo update-initramfs -c -k "4.9.90-xenomai-3.0.7"

What I am facing right now is the following problem. When I boot up the
PC freezes on "Loading initial ramdisk ...". Did I missed something? It
does not seem like it is Xenomai related problem since there is an issue
during mounting the temporary file system.

Best regards,

--
Wojciech Domski

domski.pl | blog.domski.pl