On 02/01/2017 03:42 PM, David Clunie wrote:

Did you guys ever fix this bug?

No because it's not a bug, it's a feature. ;-)

I just got bitten by it again, i.e.,:

Enumerated Values:
1
3

got turned into

Enumerated Values:
1
2

Indeed.

and the only way I could fix it was by swapping the order
to:

Enumerated Values:
3
1

That's right.

since inserting a space before the numbers didn't work this
time.

Have you tried to insert a non-breaking space before "1"?

It would be nice if there was a way to turn off your too clever
for its own good auto-detection with a command line parameter,
since messing with the FO output of the DocBook stylesheets to
insert a processing instruction as you suggest is way too
complicated for a simple soul like me.

OK. We'll try to find a very simple way to turn off feature "XFC automatically tries to infer the numbering style from the label of the first list item" (http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/_distrib/doc/user/implementation.html#lists)

--
XMLmind FO Converter Support List
xfc-support@xmlmind.com