I've been experiencing this weird emacs problem regarding X. I'm hoping that
someone can help me to resolve this situation. Before I go on any further,
I'm currently using version 4.1.0-16 in the debian distribution under KDE
desktop.
Here is the normal pic:
http://rplaca.cs.qc.edu/~bpark/normal.jpg
The weird pic:
http://rplaca.cs.qc.edu/~bpark/weird.jpg
If you take a look at the weird pic, it seems like the height(of fonts) is
double spaced. This happens right after another application is launched
using X. An exmaple of this is when a Java applet is launched. Anytime I use
emacs after this, emacs is distorted. There are other things that trigger
this effect but I have not been able to find a perfect example besides the
Java applet example.
I've noticed that this problem will go away when I re-login to the system.
The only thing that I've done to tweak X windows is by adding true type
fonts and taking out xfonts-100dpi. Other than that, there's nothing that
I've done.
If anyone could help or make a suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.
bp
_________________________________________________________________
STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
- Re: [XFree86] weird emacs problem Bruce Park
- Re: [XFree86] weird emacs problem kwall
- Re: [XFree86] weird emacs problem Bruce Park

