This mail, I suppose, will be quite unlike so many what we've seen on this
list.  I have to thank the creators of XFree86, for me it works like a dream -
no lag, no glitches.  Sort of an use log:

I used 4.0.x for quite some time.  It had some nasty memory bug, cuz over time
it had hogged about 700 MB of resources to itself - and thus it had to be
brought down periodically.

Then I went for 4.2.99.3.  Worked just perfect, and that funky memory problem
disappeared - after 3 days uptime, the memory use is 15 Megs RSS and 84
cached.  But, for some reason 4.2.99.3 refused to give me a vertical slash
from keyboard...

Now I've been running 4.2.99.4 for a couple days straight -- everything
(literally everything) works perfect.  No memory hogging, no missing keys, no
unusual behaviour.  And the installation was simply marvelous - just answer a
couple questions and voil�, X is new.

Thanks people! =)

---
Jas

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
  • ... Kiran Mistry
    • ... Lukasz Drop
    • ... Ing. Sergiu S. Cabac
      • ... James Boyden
      • ... Tiikuli
    • ... Bijoy Thomas
      • ... Oisin C. Feeley
    • ... Scott Elgram
    • ... anuj gupta
    • ... Trinanjan Sengupta
    • ... Олег Кирюшенков
    • ... Ramesh Subrahmaniam
    • ... Darrel Irwin
    • ... D . Zeroual
    • ... Antonio Teixeira

Reply via email to