> There is a fix in the 4.2.99.901 DRM which may help stability, but if it
> doesn't, try a lower AGP transfer rate.

I upgraded to 4.2.99.901. The fix didn't work but lowering AGP transfer rate
seemed to prevent X from crashing. Thanks.

> > Another interesting thing is
> > "(II) RADEON(0): [drm] failure adding irq handler, there is a device
> > already using that irq
> > [drm] falling back to irq-free operation"
> >
> > Direct rendering fails to assign IRQ for device and DRI isn't then fast
> > at all..
>
> This shouldn't hurt performance, the IRQ is primarily used to reduce CPU
> usage. Why do you think it's slow?

Because it isn't any faster than without DRI. Glxgears gets lousy 100 fps.
Even my laptop with ATI Rage Mobility gets about 180 fps.

Glxgears says: "IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 7 0 0 "
Does this affect FPS?

Best regards,

Tero Laitinen