On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 02:56, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > From: Juha Korhonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: 06 Feb 2003 00:58:50 +0200
> > Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have troubles with xfree and enlightenment... X doesn't paint the
> > screen correctly. Enlightenment has a small animation with window border
> > (I hope that you know what am I talking about) when you minimize a
> > window to the iconbox. It almost every time works fine but if that
> > animation goes to offscreen (if window is at right or left side of
> > screen) X fails to paint screen. It leaves marks on screen, like black
> > shadow and the only way to get rid of them is to move another window
> > over these marks and then it paints over these marks. I used to have X
> > 4.1.?? and it didn't have that problem and if I remember right I used
> > ati driver with X, not radeon. Now if I am trying to use ati (Driver
> > "ati") X won't start at all. So I have a big problem...
>
> This is a known bug in 4.2, but it is either fixed or fixable in
> CVS.
>
> Get the ati_drv.o and radeon_drv.o from the binaries tree (if
> available for your platform) or build them from the sources. Just drop
> them into the lib/modules/drivers/ directory. IF the problem is still
> showing up, add the option "NoLineAccel" to the device section of your
> XF86Config file. Note that the device should be ati as the ati driver
> test the device and loads the appropriate driver (RADEON or R128) for
> the device.

This is what i got when I changed the radeon_drv.o to new driver from
Xmod.tgz (xfree.org). Any ideas?

XFree86 Version 4.2.1 / X Window System
Release Date: 3 September 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.20-xfs_pre6 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present
         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Thu Feb  6 20:36:56 2003
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config"
(EE) module ABI minor version (6) is newer than the server's version (5)
(EE) Failed to load module "radeon" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
(EE) No drivers available.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
This can be found in the log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log".
Please report problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.