Quoting "Brian A. Seklecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> http://digitalfreaks.org/~lavalamp/apple_cinema_23inch/
>
> I'm making use out of time while my piece-of-crap nvidia card (no offence to
> nVidia, I just have a POS card) cools down.  The fan stopped spinning and it
> overheated and crashed my box.  Anyway have a look at some of the pics on
> the
> page and I'll try to get it updated as soon as I can get it functional under
> unix.  I'm going to try to get it to work in:
>
> *) Redhat Linux 8.0 w/ nVidia binary drivers & stock XFree86
> *) NetBSD 1.6-STABLE (-rnetbsd-1-6 branch as of last week) with
>    XFree86-current native 'nv' driver (-rHEAD branch as of last night)

I was using an nvidia ti4600 Gainward card to drive my 24" Samsung monitor at
1920x1200, using the nvidia binary drivers (I wanted dvi out and was running x
4.2.1), so it can be done.  However, with those drivers, the card was always a
bit unstable (despite being a high end card, and despite trying to disable AGP,
use agpgart, and use nvidia's agp support ... nothing made it more stable).
Once I put the second AMD CPU in the machine the card became so unstable it was
unusable, so I removed it.

I am sour on nvidia at the moment and am considering an ATI card instead.
However, here are the modelines I used (use at your own risk, not responsible if
it blows up your computer, your house, or half of your city, blah blah blah).
It worked to drive my Samsung at 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz

# 1920x1200 @ 60.00 Hz (GTF) hsync: 74.52 kHz; pclk: 193.16 MHz

Modeline "1920x1200_60.00"  193.16  1920 2048 2256 2592  1200 1201 1204 1242  -H
Sync +Vsync

Hope this helps,

Jean.