On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

> > > I have a laptop with an ATI RAGE Mobility M1 AGP 8MB video card
> > > (Mach64-based) which is running Red Hat Phoebe2 beta distro (8.0.93),
> > > based on XFree86 4.2.99.901 latest snapshot (Feb, 6th 2003).

> > > I'm experiencing hardware mouse cursor visual glitches when the mouse
> > > cursor shape is changed from, let's say, the standard black arrow
> > > pointer, to another one, for example, the north-south, or west-east
> > > resize arrow. When the mouse cursor shape is being changed, for a brief
> > > period of time, I can see a 64x64 rectangle full of garbage instead of
> > > the mouse cursor. After this brief lapse of time, the cursor returns to
> > > its normal appearance automatically.

> > Yes.  This a known issue.  I've started looking into this, but have so far
> > been unable to duplicate the problem.  I'll keep trying.  With any luck,
> > this'll be fixed in 4.3.

> OK, Marc... Please, don't hesitate to contact with me for anything you
> need: patching, latest CVS, testing scenarios, hardware description...
> Whatever! :-)

You can go for "b)", after cvsup has had a chance to catch up with what
I've just committed to fix this.

The problem was that the switching back-and-forth between the new "cutesy"
cursors and the standard ones tickles a hardware bug in Mach64, Rage 128
and Radeon variants.

Marc.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to