On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 02:30:25PM -0700, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
>On 24 Feb 2003, Nat Ersoz wrote:
>
>> While tracking down a bug, I encoutered these functions in:
>> programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/vgahw/vgaHW.c:
>
>> void vgaHWLock(vgaHWPtr hwp)
>> {
>>     /* Protect CRTC[0-7] */
>>     hwp->writeCrtc(hwp, 0x11, hwp->readCrtc(hwp, 0x11) & ~0x80);
>> }
>
>> void vgaHWUnlock(vgaHWPtr hwp)
>> {
>>     /* Unprotect CRTC[0-7] */
>>      hwp->writeCrtc(hwp, 0x11, hwp->readCrtc(hwp, 0x11) | 0x80);
>> }
>
>> Every reference I can find on the sbuject, (specifically Ferraro's book,
>> 3rd ed, along with many HTML references) indicate that this logic is
>> reversed.  That is, for CRTC reg 0x11 bit 7: 1=disable, 0=enable writing
>> to CRTC regs[0-7].
>
>> Comments?
>
>You are absolutely correct.  I've just committed a change to correct this.
>Thanks for pointing out the problem.

I wonder why this hasn't shown up as a problem anywhere?

David
--
David Dawes
Release Engineer/Architect                      The XFree86 Project
www.XFree86.org/~dawes
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to