Thanks for the suggestion ! 
I had already tried, but doesn't seem
to do the trick for me, unfortunately :-(

Philippe

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 04:09 pm, William G. Lea wrote:
> Hmmm:
>
> Try changing your config file:
>
> Section "Device"
> # Some 7500 boards aparently need this option enabled to work - bug
> (#62760)
> # Option "CrtScreen"
>         Identifier  "ATI Radeon 8500"
>         Driver      "radeon"
>         VendorName  "ati"
>         BoardName   "ati"
>         BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
>         Screen 0
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
> # Some 7500 boards aparently need this option enabled to work - bug
> (#62760)
>         Identifier  "ATI Radeon 7500"
>         Driver      "ati"
>         VendorName  "ati"
>         BoardName   "ati"
>         BusID "PCI:0:9:0"
> #       Option "CrtScreen"
>         Screen 1
> EndSection
>
> Works for me with a Radeon 9000, might help -- at least its something to
> try.
>
> Philippe Moutarlier wrote:
> > Sorry to re-repost this but I never got any hints there.
> > Could someone just tell me if this is just impossible ?
> >
> > What I would like to understand is what is going on :
> > why 2 separately perfectly configured cards would not want
> > to work together in multiple monitor layout.
> >
> > Otherwise, could someone tell me what type of card should I use
> > to make sure I can use dual monitor with Xfree 4.3 .
> >
> > Thanks !
> >
> >
> >
> >  
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Subject: [XFree86] problem with ATI dual monitor
> > Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:02:26 -0800
> > From: "Philippe Moutarlier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > I am forwarding this post I made on the xfree86 list for redhat as
> > suggested by its members ...
> >
> > I tried all I could think of ..
> >
> > - used the CVS head of the Xfree86 as of a couple weeks ago
> > - tried the GATOS driver + DRM kernel module
> >
> > It's still failing pretty much the same : the second screen (screen 1)
> > gets deleted
> > when I try to use 2 screens. Each of them works perfectly independantly,
> > which I can check by just removing/adding them alternatively to the
> > Layout.
> >
> > Is dual monitor supported for ATI ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Philippe
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of root
> > Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 1:46 PM
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: could use some help with dual monitor ...
> >
> > I am running RH 8.0, Xfree 4.2.0 from distro and 2 ATI cards :
> >
> > - ATI radeon 8500 DV AGP
> > - ATI Radeon 7500 PCI
> >
> > Both cards are recognized and work fine independantly.
> > I setup my XFree986Config to use both at the same time by defining the
> > following layout (actual files are included below).
> >
> > Section "ServerLayout"
> >         Identifier     "Multi Configured"
> >         Screen  0    "Screen0"
> >         Screen  1    "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
> >         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
> >         InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
> > EndSection
> >
> > I checked that each card is working by commenting out the "Screen 1" line
> > and switching the "Screen 0" line between "Screen0" and "Screen1".
> >
> > Everytime I add the Screen 1 line, I get the following error in
> > XFree86.0.log
> > (details below)
> >
> > (II) Loading sub module "radeon"
> > (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
> > (II) Reloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
> > (EE) Screen 1 deleted because of no matching config section.
> > (II) UnloadModule: "ati"
> > (II) UnloadModule: "radeon"
> >
> > and, sure enough, only 1 monitor is running :-(
> >
> > Any idea about what I am doing wrong here ???
> >
> > Thanks !
> >
> > Philippe
> >
> >  
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Name: XF86Config.txt
> >    XF86Config.txt    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> >                  Encoding: quoted-printable
> >
> >                     Name: XFree86.0.log
> >    XFree86.0.log    Type: text/x-log
> >                 Encoding: quoted-printable
>
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to