On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 08:14, B. Levin wrote:
> I converted to xf86 4.3.0 (freebsd 4.8-RC) and when I try to start xclock like
> I've always been able to (for the last 10+ yrs):
> 
> xclock -bg black -fg red -hd blue -hl white
> 
> I get this error:
> 
> cannot convert string "" to type XftFont (xclock)
> 
> the background does get set to black but no foreground colors seem to work, so
> the clock shows up as invisible on a black background desktop.
> 
> I upgraded all my ports via portupgrade (standard freebsd stuff).  as far as I
> can tell, xf86 4.3.0 installed and built ok from the ports area.
> 
> not sure why xclock CARES about fonts (xft).  and why that affects colors. ??

Could you send me your fonts.conf?  Many people have seen this problem,
and it may provide a clue.

-- 
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]          
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to