On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Philippe Moutarlier wrote:

> I have 2 cards : ATI 8500 DV AGP and ATI 7500 PCI running RH 8.0 and Xfree 
> from the HEAD as of today.
> 
> - if I try to run the PCI card only with DRI loaded (glx+dri), the box gets 
> totally locked up and needs a hard reset. 
> In this last case, could it be that the driver is still trying to use AGP mode 
> to address the card ? Is there anyway to "force" PCI mode ? (I think I saw 
> that option at some point, cannot remember where ...) The log after reboot is 
> below (xfree_lock.log)

I've heard people talk about a PCI gart to replace agpgart for PCI cards.
It may now be integrated with agpgart - if not I can imagine problems
if you have both modules and both type of card.

-- 
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to