On Fre, 2003-03-14 at 04:38, Philippe Moutarlier wrote:
> I have 2 cards : ATI 8500 DV AGP and ATI 7500 PCI running RH 8.0 and Xfree 
> from the HEAD as of today.
> 
> Still trying to solve my dual head/dual card problem, I run into two problems 
> :
> 
> - if I try 2 cards simultaneously , the server dies with a signal 11 (see 
> xfree_sig11.log)

This may be the apparent current inability of the radeon driver to work
with multiple cards, a backtrace would be interesting though.


> - if I try to run the PCI card only with DRI loaded (glx+dri), the box gets 
> totally locked up and needs a hard reset. 
> In this last case, could it be that the driver is still trying to use AGP mode 
> to address the card ? Is there anyway to "force" PCI mode ? (I think I saw 
> that option at some point, cannot remember where ...) 

I guess it's possible that it's confused by the AGP card and doing
something silly without Option "ForcePCIMode".

> The log after reboot is below (xfree_lock.log)

It doesn't show the dri module being loaded though.


-- 
Earthling Michel D�nzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member   /  CS student, Free Software enthusiast

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to