On Son, 2003-03-16 at 20:44, Mathey, Nicolas wrote:
> > > Could it be an hardware problem ?
> > 
> > Not necessarily, the video BIOS may simply not be laid out the way the
> > driver expects. That's one reason why we don't want to rely only on the
> > video BIOS in the long run, you could try
> > http://www.penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/radeon-ddc.diff .
> 
> I applied this patch to the sources,all was ok during the patching.

Are you sure? The patch was created against DRI CVS and may not apply
cleanly to 4.3.0.

> But when I try to compile sources (and install them) I got an error on
> radeon_driver.o file:
> 
> radeon_driver.c: In function `RADEONValidateCloneModes':
> radeon_driver.c:2975: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `RADEONDoDDC'
> radeon_driver.c:2975: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
> a cast
> radeon_driver.c: In function `RADEONRestoreCrtc2Registers':
> radeon_driver.c:4619: structure has no member named `IsDell'
> *** Error code 1 (continuing)
> 
> So I can't get the new radeon_drv file patched... :(
> Do you know where my problems come from ?

Looks like the patch wasn't applied correctly, maybe someone who's
successfully using it with 4.3.0 can create a patch for you.


-- 
Earthling Michel D�nzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member   /  CS student, Free Software enthusiast

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to