The "nv" driver does not support dual-head operation so you're not
expected to be able to get it to work.  As for the NVIDIA driver,
don't use version 4191, it's a lemon.  Stick with 3123 and the
TwinView mode.


                        Mark.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Davmar.E.Carciente-1 wrote:

> 
> Hi, 
> 
> I am trying to run XFree86 in a dual pentium-4 machine with this uname output:
> 
> Linux <I blanked the hostname> 2.4.19-16mdkenterprise #1 SMP Fri Sep 20 17:34:59 
> CEST 2002 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux
> 
> And it has one Quadro4 900GXL Nvidia card with two monitors attached to it.
> 
> I downloaded the 4.30 version ox XFree and ther seems to be no way to make the 
> multiscreen stuff to work with the nv driver, and the nvidia driver makes it work 
> nicely but it has a kernel module that freezes the screen and the keyboard and mouse 
> stop responding, when the Xserver is going to be restarted.
> 
> Attached are the XF86Config file as well as the server log file, if anybody can 
> bring some light into this issue I will really appreciate it.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Elias
> 
> PS: I tried with the vesa driver I got the same behaviour than with the nv driver.
> 
> 
> 
> "My work is a game, a very serious game. "
> 
> M.C. Escher
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to