Regarding: I upgraded today from RedHat Linux v6.1 to RedHat Linux v7.3.  It seemed to 
go smoothly until I entered "startx" at the shell command line.  I got a screen full 
of information, and I'm not sure how much of that information you need to see.   The 
problem machine is not connected to the internet; for that reason, I could not do a 
'cut-and-paste' of all the text.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
------------------------------------------------------------
XFree86 Version: XFree Version 4.2.0 (Red Hat Linux release: 4.2.0-8) / X Window 
System (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6600) Release Date: 23 January 
2002

OS: Red Hat Linux 7.3  (Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.17-0.13 smp i686 [ELF]

Area: Xserver

Server: XFree86 (The XFree86 4.x server)

Video Card:

The only thing I know for sure is that the video card is an ATI Rage Pro with 2 MB of 
SGRAM

Description:

 "Parse warning on line 74 of section Keyboard in file /etc/X11/XF86 config   Ignoring 
obsolete keyword "LeftAlt"."   (Next line): Parse error on line 74 of section Keyboard 
in file /etc/X11/XF86 config   "Meta" is not a valid keyword in this section.   (Next 
line):  (EE) Problem parsing the config file   (Next line):  Error from 
xf86HandleConfigFile(  )   (Next line):  Fatal server error:  no screens found

Repeat By:

While at the command line of the shell, I type 'startx' (in an effort to bring up the 
GUI).  That will result in a failure of the GUI to start.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to