Use "gtf". It's in the tree at xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/.
And you can always tweak the mode with xvidtune once you're running it.
Mark.
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Jesse Hutton wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good modeline generator? I have a Viewsonic P95f
> monitor (video bandwidth of 285Mhz), and I would like to see how it looks
> with a refresh rate of about 100 (and my video card is a Matrox G550) at
> 1280x960 resolution.
>
> I've tried numerous calculators on the web, and none of them have given
> me good modelines. What would result each time is a compressed screen
> image that is displaced far to the right (and which I can't even get
> to cover the screen) that sometimes had an extra bright band on the
> right edge of the image running vertically.
>
> The best one I've found so far is videogen. It has allowed me to get a
> refresh rate of 89 (85 is hightest with default modes, for me), which is
> not bad at all. But, it doesn't let me specify what Vert refresh rate I
> want, and thus 89 is the highest I can get. I just feel like pushing my
> hardware as hard as I can to see what it can do, I guess.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
>
> Jesse
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
>
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86