[This e-mail has been automatically generated.]
http://bugs.xfree86.org//cgi-bin/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=75
Summary: S3Savage4 Problems in XFree86 4.3
Product: Drivers
Version: 4.3
OS/Version: Linux
Status: NEW
Severity: blocker
Priority: P2
Component: Other
AssignedTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ReportedBy: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I just spent several hours trying to install Mandrake 9.1. I kept getting a
message that told me that the graphics needed to be configured. O.K. It found my
Optiquest Q71-5 monitor, my S3Savage4 graphics card, and that the card had 16MB
of video RAM. It suggested that I run it at 1024x768 at I think 24 bpp (?). But
all I got was a washed out, distored screen that had two solid bars that looked
aprox. llike this: I I. which was just off to the side of the x but which
followed the x when the mouse was moved. I re-loaded the software but this time
ran it without the graphics mode at init3 where I gave the command: X -probeonly
The following message appeared:
Using config file "/etc/X11/XFree86Config-4"
Using vt7
(EE) SAVAGE(0): Failed to fetch any BIOS modes. Disabling BIOS.
It should be noted that between installs I re-installed Mandrake 9.0 which has
XFree86 4.2 it it loaded with no problems. The second I re-installed Mandrake
9.1 with XFree86 4.3 the problem returned, as did the above message.
Any ideas??? This could be a killer for people running S3/Savage based video
cards.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86