[This e-mail has been automatically generated.]  
 
http://bugs.xfree86.org//cgi-bin/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=77    
    




------- Additional Comments From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  2003-04-02 17:05 -------
Thanks for the response, I feel a little more educated but still confused.




$ ls -la /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/compiled/


total 12


drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Apr  2 22:28 ./


drwxr-xr-x   25 root     root         4096 Mar 27 00:11 ../


-r--r--r--    1 root     root          644 Mar 13 00:27 README


$




If I only have XkbModel and XkbLayout in XF86Config, there are no error 
messages. The key codes are not defined at all if I do not have XkbSymbols 
defined in XF86Config. (This may be a difference between KDE that I was using at 
the last tests and IceWM that I use now though.)




When putting back XkbSymbols (I also changed en_US(pc105) to pc(pc105)), I got 
the error message below. If I add the files /etc/X11/xkb/geometry/se 
/etc/X11/xkb/geometry/inet with just default and logicdp entries, I get the 
error in the end. 




Are the Xserver or me confused about geomery, key codes and key symbols?


Any more tips?




[EMAIL PROTECTED] go]$ startx -- :1


 


 


XFree86 Version 4.3.0


Release Date: 27 February 2003


X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6


Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.21-0.13mdksmp i686 [ELF]


Build Date: 12 March 2003


        Before reporting problems, check http://www.XFree86.Org/


        to make sure that you have the latest version.


Module Loader present


Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,


         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,


         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.


(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.1.log", Time: Wed Apr  2 23:39:29 2003


(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4"


Using vt 8


parse error: line 1 of se


The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:


> Error:            Error interpreting include file "en_US"


>                   Exiting


>                   Abandoning geometry file "default"


Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server


Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap


 


waiting for X server to shut down


 


[EMAIL PROTECTED] go]$ 




parse error: line 1 of pc


The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:


> Error:            Error interpreting include file "pc"


>                   Exiting


>                   Abandoning symbols file "default"


Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server


 


    
    
    
    
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to