[This e-mail has been automatically generated.]
http://bugs.xfree86.org//cgi-bin/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=77
------- Additional Comments From [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2003-04-03 02:02 -------
OK. I see 'compiled' directory exists and is not a reason.
Have you read README.config file in 'xkb' directory?
There are two different ways to describe a needed configuration of a keyboard.
In the first one you use XkbModel, XkbLayout, XkbVariant, XkbOptions that
then will be converted to 'component names' accoding to rules specified in
XkbRules.
In the second way you should specify directly those 'component names' using
XkbKeycode, XkbCompat, XkbTypes, XkbSymbols, XkbGeometry. Note that in the
first way the same values are figured out automaticaly from model/layout/etc.
that you specify. And although XKB allow to mix options from both methods,
please, don't do it unless you are absolutely sure what you do and what it
leads to.
Note also that KDE can load own keyboard map that sometimes doesn't match the
map you describe in XF86Config. Therefore if you got some problem with a
keyboard map it would be better to make first tests having WM which doesn't do
it (IceWM is good here).
And now, please, repeat you tests using IceWM as WM and XkbModel/XkbLayout
only in XF86Config. If you have it already done, explain me, please, results.
Unfortunately, I don't understand the result and circumstances from your last
message:
> If I only have XkbModel and XkbLayout in XF86Config, there are no error
essages.
Does it mean all things OK?
> The key codes are not defined at all if I do not have XkbSymbols
defined in XF86Config.
What does it mean? Without XkbSymbols you have not any error message but
have not a working keyboard at all, do you? Or the keyboard works but you got
map which you didn't expect?
>(This may be a difference between KDE that I was using at the last tests and
IceWM that I use now though.)
In what tests did you use KDE and what tests you did using IceWM?
>If I add the files /etc/X11/xkb/geometry/se /etc/X11/xkb/geometry/inet with
just default and logicdp entries, I get the error in the end.
Where did you get 'se' and 'inet' files for 'geometry' subdirectory?
I suspect you simply copied xkb_symbols type files into directory where XKB
expects to find xkb_geometry type files only (they are two different type of
files). BTW, the first error message in your comment says 'Error interpreting
include file "en_US"' and then 'Abandoning _geometry_ file "default"'. AFAIK
there never was an xkb_geometry file called "en_US". So it seems you try to
give XKB an xkb_symbols file claiming it is an xkb_geometry file.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86