[This e-mail has been automatically generated.] 
 
Please do not reply to this email. if you want to comment on the bug, go to the 
URL shown below and enter your comments there. 
  
http://bugs.xfree86.org//cgi-bin/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=104     
     
           Summary: ALT-CTRL-Fn keys are ignored (= nothing happens) when
                    pressed to switch from X to text consoles
           Product: XFree86 Server
           Version: 4.3
        OS/Version: Linux
            Status: NEW
          Severity: major
          Priority: P2
         Component: other
        AssignedTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        ReportedBy: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Hello,

I've sent this bug to the gnome-panel team, but they told me that it "had to be
an X" bug.

Here a paste from my original description:

====================================================================
Description of Problem:

While the gnome-panel v2.2.0.1 is running, it is
impossible to use any of the following keys to
switch from X-Windows to the text consoles
(runlevel 3, slackware 9.0 final release):

ALT-CTRL-F1
ALT-CTRL-F2
ALT-CTRL-F3
ALT-CTRL-F4
ALT-CTRL-F5
ALT-CTRL-F6


Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Make sure gnome-panel v2.2.0.1 is running.
2. Hit ALT-CTRL-Fn (where n may be 1, 2, ...6,
corresponding to the desired text console).


Actual Results:

IF gnome-panel is running, nothing happens, the
user remains in X-windows.  It seems like the
ALT-CTRL-Fn keys are ignored.

IF gnome-panel is NOT running, expected results
are obtained.

Expected Results:

ALT-CTRL-Fn keys SHOULD switch from X-windows and
go to the appropriate text console (1 for the
first, 2 for the second, etc...).

This WORKED perfectly before with GNOME 1.4 and X-Windows 4.2.

How often does this happen? 

Everytime I try to press ALT-CTRL-Fn keys.

Additional Information:

- This has always worked before with GNOME 1.4 under X-Windows 4.2 and
previous versions.  I have verified my XF86Config
file, and "DontVTSwitch" is commented out.  
- If gnome-panel is not running, using the keys
above becomes possible.
- I hope that this functionality hasn't been
disabled intentionnally between GNOME 1.4 and
GNOME 2.2 (??).

Thanks.




------- Additional Comments From Mark McLoughlin 2003-04-03 18:28 -------

This really can't have anything to do with the panel .... I have no
explanation for why it only happens for you when the panel is running,
but this has to be an X bug.


======================================================================

Thanks.

I can be reached at jeannot12 (at) linuxmail (dot) org.

Jeannot Langlois     
     
     
     
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to