On Friday 04 April 2003 16:52, you wrote:
 > I', using 4.2.0 on my Laptop (IMB Thinkpad A30), which seems to have a

Mine is ACER Aspire 1430, with the

 > (--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY rev 0, Mem @ 0xe0000000/27,
 > 0xc0100000/16, I/O @ 0x3000/8
 >
 > With 4.2.0 this works fine (except a drawing bug when using line width 0
 > ...), so I tried to upgrade to 4.3.0.
 >
 > The Problem with 4.3.0 is that the display is sometimes (after X start)
 > completely unusable, because the full display jitters.
[--SNIP--]

I have the exact same card with the exact same problem. Switching once or twice
fixes the problem. Killing the server and restarting it (runlevel 5) helps also.

BUT I use the framebuffer console and it happens from time to time that the
display jitters in this same way when the kernel boots (kernel 2.4.20 vanilla).

So I suspect there's a bug in either :
 - the kernel radeon framebuffer
 - the XFree radeon driver
 - both.

I'll try to boot with framebuffer de-activated for a time to see if the problem
stays. Currently, my notebook serves as a desktop computer and I can't reboot
it at will. Will try to find a slot in the WE...

Here is lspci -vvvv for this card :
--
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY (prog-if 
00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI]: Unknown device 0019
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping+ 
SERR+ FastB2B+
        Status: Cap+ 66Mhz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 5
        Region 0: Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        Region 1: I/O ports at 3000 [size=256]
        Region 2: Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [58] AGP version 2.0
                Status: RQ=47 SBA+ 64bit- FW- Rate=x1,x2,x4
                Command: RQ=0 SBA+ AGP- 64bit- FW- Rate=<none>
        Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA 
PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
                Status: D0 PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
--

Regards,
Yann.

-- 
.-----------------.--------------------.------------------.--------------------.
|  Yann E. MORIN  | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| --==< �_� >==-- �---.----------------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1178 | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  
|
�---------------------�----------------�------------------�--------------------�
 \__ np: The Breeders - Do You Love Me Now- __________________________________/
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to