Alan:

using just libscanpci.a from your directory did not work,  however

downloading the 4.3.0 release binary and installing it (as per the instructions)
and then applying the late may patches from your directory (and then redoing the
config)
resulted in an X system that seems to be working perfectly

Thanx for your assistance.

Mike


Alan Hourihane wrote:

> In fact,
>
> I'll do another build now and upload libscanpci.a as part of the upload
> in my home directory.
>
> Alan.
>
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 06:51:12PM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > You'll need to upgrade to XFree86 4.3.0 before trying this as the
> > scanpci module changed its interface (or just grab libscanpci.a from 4.3.0)
> >
> > Alan.
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:36:46AM -0600, Mike Loving wrote:
> > > Oh, OK.  please see attached.
> > >
> > > I do seem some complaints(?) in the log that some module is compiled for
> > > 4.2.0
> > >
> > > Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > >
> > > > On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:35:23AM -0600, Mike Loving wrote:
> > > > > Hmmm,
> > > > >
> > > > > > I've attempted to install the
> > > > > >
> > > > > > update XFree86 binary and trident drivers from
> > > > >
> > > > > I think that I already replaced XFree86 and the trident_drv.o.  The new
> > > > > version runs briefly and aborts (like maybe I incorrectly installed either
> > > > > XFree86 or
> > > > > the trident driver).
> > > >
> > > > Then I can't say what the problem is without seeing the log.
> > > >
> > > > Alan.
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > XFree86 mailing list
> > > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > > http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > XFree86 mailing list
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to