On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:10:19PM +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
> you are using two different version of XFree86.

I realize that--and I started to write that I am certain that the
version I currently have was working before my crash, but now I've
just concluded that this is probably wrong.

The crash was May 21.  My logs show that I upgraded X (from Debian
"testing") on May 5.  I would have sworn that I had rebooted between
those dates, but as far as I can tell from my logs, I hadn't.  So I
guess I never actually ran the upgraded X until after the crash.

Although this was only a Debian point release (4.2.1-3 -> 4.2.1-6),
it does appear to include some Savage upgrades.  I'll find a newer
version to test soon, but I am becoming confident that will resolve
the problem.

Thank you for pointing out this possibility to me--it is so obvious,
but it never would have occurred to me on my own.  The string of
coincidences was too long, and I was convinced that my computer was
broken.  :-)

Also, thanks for the brief analysis.  I'll be sure to check this
against the next version I try.

Andrew

PS.

> However you've specified these monitor lines in your XF86Config:
> 
> (II) SAVAGE(0): LCD: Using hsync range of 25.00-1000.00 kHz
> (II) SAVAGE(0): LCD: Using vrefresh range of 25.00-1000.00 Hz

These came from Debian's X configurator, dexconf, a long time ago.
I'm not sure if dexconf still does this.

Andrew
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to