I have a problem with "backing store" on DELL Inspiron 8500 laptop 

I have several Motif applications which require backing store to be
enabled. I am running
RedHat 8.0 and have modified /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf as follows


[server-Standard]
name=Standard server
##command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X
command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X +bs
flexible=true


Adding a +bs makes my applications work, but the gnome desktop is
seriously confused.  Popup menus do not pop down and when I point at the
menus with the mouse pointer, a kind of vapour trail is left behind...!
Is this a bug in gdm ?

The same +bs qualifier has worked on other RedHat 8.0 installations here
(except one other).   
-- 

Regards

Stuart
 
________________________________________________________________________
                                                                        
  Stuart Merrylees                        email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Robertson Research International Ltd,                                 
  Horizon House, Azalea Drive,                    Tel:   +44 1322 668011
  Swanley, Kent BR8 8JR, UK.                      Fax:   +44 1322 613650
 
________________________________________________________________________

           This E-mail is not intended to create legal relations

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to