Ahoy! I have a SiS 315 myself. Unfortunately, I do not believe that
changing your driver to "sis" will solve your problem. If I remember
correctly, after changing, everything pretty much stayed the same. 
Check out http://www.winischhofer.net/.

Peace
Erick

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 10:12, Bob Lockie wrote:
> On 06/17/03 07:06 ody yudah spoke thusly
> 
> > hello seniors,
> > I am about to install RH 9. But in instalation when I
> > was asked to choose my VGA, surprisingly my VGA wasn't
> > detected, so the driver suggested for my VGA is
> > VESA(generic). I choose my VGA in SIS directory but
> > none of my VGA was listed there, there's only sis 305
> > and etc.
> > I've come to xfree site, again surprisingly sis 315
> > was listed in xfree 4.3's support.
> > Then I kept installing RH9 and choosed VESA driver,
> > and yes I can use GNOME. But I can't play game, video
> > because  the graphic's display is very slow.
> > So, Is there any solution so I can use my VGA properly
> > ?  
> > BTW, RH9 uses xfree 4.3, doesn't it ?
> > 
> > Please, forgive if my english is bad.
> > Thank You
> 
> In the /etc/X11/XF86Config (or if you have one, /etc/X11/XF86Config-4) 
> file, change "Driver" from vesa to "sis".
> 

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to