On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Carlos Thadeu Duarte Santos wrote:

> I have an old Diamond Stealth 2001 (S3 trio 64V+ - ***Chipset 765***).
> Is it working with XFREE 4.3.0?  Where do I download this specific
> information?

According to the S3 driver status document found at
[http://www.xfree86.org/4.3.0/Status29.html] your chipset is supported.

Do you know what RAMDAC is used on your board? Only a few DACs seem to be
supported by the current 4.3.0 S3 driver...

The best advice I can give is try it out though, as I have a number of
Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM boards (S3 968+IBM RGB526) that I thought would be
supported, but they are not. (Turns out the XFree 3.3.6 code reports a
RGB526 as a 524. IMHO, this really needs to be noted in the S3 driver
status document...)

Does *anyone* here know where to obtain the docs that would be required to
update/port the 3.3.6 S3 support to 4.3.0? I've been in contact with IBM's
microelectronics division, and they would be happy to provide
RGB524/RGB526 docs...but they can't find them anymore :/

-Toth