On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Paulo da Silva wrote:

> Thanks for all answers. I found where the problem was.
> I did as follows:
>     X :1 &
>    DISPLAY=":1" xhost +B
> This does not keep the authorization for B!
> Doing X :1 &
>    xterm -display :1
> and then typing xhost +B on the xterm works fine.
> 
> I don't understand why, however.

   The server will reset after xhost finishes if it was the only
app running.  It sounds like all the authorization is lost at that 
point.


                        Mark.


> 
> 
> Paulo da Silva escreveu:
> 
> > I have 2 pcs running linux gentoo.
> >
> > 1. Computador A: X :1.0 &
> >                DISPLAY=":1.0" xhost +B
> > 2. Computer B
> >   DISPLAY="A:1.0" xterm
> >
> > I get the folowing messages:
> >
> > xterm: unable to open display "A:1.0"
> > Xlib: connection to "A:1.0" refused by server
> > Xlib: No protocol specified
> >
> > How can I do this?
> > TIA
> > Paulo
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > XFree86 mailing list
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> >
> > .
> >
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> 

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to