Hello , I had installed the tcl/tk library on a linux machine at a cusomer. (this machine has an XServer running on it).
the call the Tk_Init() failed . (The same code runs on other disrtibutiions of Linux).
I saw with debugging,that
the call to XLookupColor() failed
(returnd 0) .
the color name I am passing
is a color ("white")that appears in my rgb
db (at least I think so ; because
when perofrming showrgb from linux
command line , "white" color appears)
I also see with debugger that
colormap and display parameters
*are not* NULL;I suspect that it is a problem with the screen/display/visual /colormap/xserver parameters. Does anybody knows something which can help? Is there a way for me to know wheter the XServer parameters needed for this method call are set correctly?
The XLIB manual says : The XLookupColor() function looks up the string name of a color with respect to the screen associated with the specified colormap. It returns both the exact color values and the closest values provided by the screen with respect to the visual type of the specified colormap. If the color name is not in the Host Portable Character Encoding, the result is implementation dependent. Use of uppercase or lowercase does not matter. XLookupColor() returns nonzero if the name is resolved; otherwise, it returns zero.
XLookupColor() can generate a BadColor error.
_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

