its easy to get the root window (it is done with the DefaultRootWindow() macro) 
everything is drawn on that window so if u take a screenshot of it (a pixmap) u can 
manipulate it however you want, with that pixmap you can make a bigger one and paste 
it back to the root window

> Hi,
> 
> I was wondering if it is possible (and I know it is..) to hack the XFree86 
> code to make the virtual screen follow the mouse's cursor as if the 
> screen's window mouvement was linked to the centered cursor. By that I mean 
> that if I move the cursor, the whole zoomed section of the screen moves 
> with the cursor. Then if the cursor reach a certain percentage of the 
> zoomed screen' width and height it stops being linked so it becomes 
> possible to move the cursor freely again..
> 
> The purpose of this is for a friend of mine who has 30% of his vision and 
> is using UNIX. He needs his screen to be in very low resolution for him to 
> see things clearly.
> 
> I am just asking a evaluation of how hard and how long might it takes to do 
> such a job onto the XFree86 source code. I will do such modifications 
> myself but I was hoping for you to give me a hand to publish the code and 
> expose it on xfree.org to promote and help people with vision problems..
> 
> Thanks for your time,
> 
> Maxime Labelle - http://www.vt220.com
> 
> _________________________________________________________________
> Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.  
> http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail
> 
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

-- 

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to