Ralf Haller wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I am running a RedHat8 with a s3virge graphics card. The man page says
> that the s3virge drivers supports Xvideo. However when playing a movie
> with mplayer it complains it cannot use xv.
> 
> Any ideas why I cannot use Xvideo?
> 
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> 


Nobody with access to an original ViRGE has made it work yet :) 
However, with the 2M version you have, you'll be very limited in what
you do.  ViRGE xvideo support needs framebuffer and overlay memory, so
you would need to run a rather low resolution at depth 8 or 16 to get a
chance at running xv.  And some of the ViRGE's won't overlay at depth
8...

Anyway, I had a ViRGE when I started helping out with the driver, but no
longer have that card, only ViRGE DX.  It might be worth trying on a
ViRGE with 4M (it works okay on a ViRGE DX with 4M, at depth 16),
however I wouldn't bother with 2M.  I don't think you'll find it very
usable.

-- 
Kevin
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to