Howdy,

I just built the latest(?) 4.3.0 xfree86 on my newly
installed redhat linux 7.1. When I start the server
via startx everything comes up nicely but in the
xterms the keyboard is singularly un-responsive. Cut
and paste does work but that's no help. The xterms and
the shift to next workspace does not work.

I'm also getting error messages from startx
complaining about libXmuu.so missing. That library did
get built and is in /usr/X11R6/lib. I added this path
to the /etc/profile and in the rc script for sshd
since I also was getting complaints from auth and init
about libXmuu.so missing. Then I went to /etc and
looked ld.so.conf that does have /usr/X11R6/lib in it.
I gave running ldconfig a try and that has solved the
problem.

My questions are 1) should this info be added to the
RELEASE notes? 2) is libXmuu.so a new library to
4.3.0? I was transitioning from a much older version.

Regards and thanks for all the way cool code!!!

George...

=====
=====
"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers