On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Randy Kramer wrote:

> If a TWiki existed for XFree86, I would help support it (by contributing as
> possible), including occasional refactoring and help with organization.

There is a wiki at http://xwin.org:9673/xwin/FrontPage

Granted, it is not run by the XFree86 people but by xwin.org, a
potentially competing group of people -- who have already showed that they
are dissatisfied with the way XFree86 is run.

Whether that's a bonus for you or the converse, I don't know :)

> Referring them to a TWiki page named "BeforePostingYourProblem" could lead

Perhaps we should make such a page on the xwin wiki...

> can convince you that a TWiki is a good idea, someone volunteers a hosting
> site for it and a domain name, I would then look for some help in setting it
> up.

The xwin wiki is currently zwiki which is not all that nice.  Here is a
snippet from the xwin IRC channel at irc.freenode.org a couple of days
ago:

<keithp> firefly: yeah, wiki markup is a pain.  I'm expecting to switch
wiki software in a week or so when I get another host for the xwin.org
content; perhaps we should have a discussion about which wiki software to
use instead of zwiki (which sucks pretty bad)

As a matter of fact I did suggest twiki because it seemed better in many
ways.  If you are volunteering to help set it up it would be wonderful :)

Contact addresses:

#xwin on irc.freenode.org/irc.freenode.net
http://xwin.org
http://xwin.org:9673/xwin/frontpage
http://xwin.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xwin

-Peter

PS: This doesn't change Egbert's other point, that the X server should not
mention an email address but something like an URL, which contains the
frequently asked questions, a searchable archive and only then, buried at
the bottom, a mailing address.  (I embellished a bit on what Egbert wrote
but I don't think I'm far off from his intention)
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to