I think you might have a few problems running X without a mouse!

If you really want to do this, you could probably do something like:


1. Run GPM with "gpm -m /dev/null -R raw"
-GPM will become a repeater, creating a mouse device "/dev/gpmdata", although 
not converting the data (='raw')

2. Specify /dev/gpmdata in your XF86Config-4


Can somebody confirm if this would work? Would it be necessary to run GPM, or 
would X be as happy with /dev/null as the mouse?


-Oli




>===== Original Message From xavier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>Hi,
>
>I don't know which version I used but it should be the same method for
>many version (I tried to know with xfree86 -version but doesn't work, I
>tried to watch the file sf86config but I didn't find the version). But
>anyway.
>
>I made a config but when I run it, it's written :"Fatal server error:
>Cannot open mouse (No such file or directory)". To say the truth, I know
>there isn't mouse and there will never be a mouse. I tried to make a
>config without no mouse with xconfigurator and sf86setup but there isn't
>any options 'no mouse'.
>
>So how to config xfree for no mouse?
>
>Xavier
>
>_______________________________________________
>XFree86 mailing list
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to