Hi,
I have installed Linux Mandrake 9.1 on the following computer:

HP Vectra VE 6/xxx Series 8  (Model number: D6546av)
with an AGP Matrox G100 Productiva (Model number D5064-6048) video card

During the installation the Mandrake installer detected correctly my video
card so I went on happy.
I decided to boot my system in graphical mode becouse I have not yet a linux
expert user and so I help myself with the GUI interface.
Unfortunately when the system startup, after detecting everything correct
(lan, disk, module dependences etc...), I got a black screen !!!

What can I do to solve this problem ?

I got the log file named XFree86.0.log, by ftp, without starting again X.
I send you it in attachment hopening that it can be useful to understand the
problem of black screen after system startup in X mode

I thank you in advance

Marco Pelizzari

Attachment: XFree86.0.log
Description: Binary data

Reply via email to