jayjwa+referer-news wrote:
Here is the situation: I've a friend in another state that I'd like to let
use my Xserver/clients (I don't even know if this is the right term for
this, basically, just to allow him to run the X-apps I have on my server
at his machine from his place, in another state.)

That is running X clients from your machine displaying onto his X server. (X servers manage the mouse, keyboard and display. X clients connect to the X server to access those devices.)

I guess what I'm asking is: 1.) how can I set this up (or where to look
for a good example of this- docs, faqs, howto's, or whatever....)

Remote X Apps mini-HOWTO: http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/xauth.html


For more info about X servers for Windows see the list on Kenton Lee's website
at http://www.rahul.net/kenton/xsites.html

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Sun Microsystems, Inc.    -     Sun Software Group
         User Experience Engineering: G11N: X Window System

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to