On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> jayjwa wrote:
> > Here is the situation: I've a friend in another state that I'd like to let
> > use my Xserver/clients (I don't even know if this is the right term for
> > this, basically, just to allow him to run the X-apps I have on my server
> > at his machine from his place, in another state.)
>
> > I guess what I'm asking is: 1.) how can I set this up (or where to look
> > for a good example of this- docs, faqs, howto's, or whatever....)
>
> Remote X Apps mini-HOWTO: http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/xauth.html
>
> For more info about X servers for Windows see the list on Kenton Lee's website
> at http://www.rahul.net/kenton/xsites.html


Thanks, I'll check those out. Now it makes more sense- as to what the
functions of the various parts of the Window's XThin package are for. It
seemed strange to have an Xserver that nothing was connecting to!


----------------
-jayjwa Reg. Linux user #207147 PGPKey: http://atr2.ath.cx/jayjwa.asc
Spambox: [EMAIL PROTECTED] --  4 Spammers: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to