I have a dual display system and am NOT using Xinerama. (I prefer to
keep the displays seperate.)
The problem I am having is with cursor behaviour as the focus moves to
the other display.
Problem description:
Screen 1 is to the left of screen 0. [1][0]
When cursoring past the right side of Screen 1, the cursor appears on
the RIGHT side of Screen 0. (I would expect/prefer it to appear on the
left side of Screen 0)
When cursoring past the left side of Screen 0, the cursor appears on the
LEFT side of Screen 1) (Similarly, I would expect/prefer it to appear on
the right side of Screen 1.)
Question:
Is this the expected behaviour? Is there a configuration option to
change this behaviour?
Any help or debugging suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to
post directly to me and I will summarize to the list.
- Paul
System Description:
XFree86: 4.3.0
nvidia driver: 1.0-4496
Video card: eVGA NV72A, GeForce4 MX 440 SE
Linux Kernel: 2.4.20 (Red Hat 9)
Desktop: KDE or Ximian (Gnome)
XF86Config:
A subset of what I believe are the relevant sections of the
XF86Config file is attached.
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Dual screen"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 1 0
Screen 1 "Screen1" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection
Section "Module"
Load "dbe"
Load "extmod"
Load "fbdevhw"
Load "glx"
Load "record"
Load "freetype"
Load "type1"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "DevInputMice"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard00"
screen 0
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NoLogo" "yes"
Option "UseEdidFreqs" "yes"
VendorName "nVidia Corporation"
BoardName "NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440]"
BusID "PCI:1:5:0"
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard01"
screen 1
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NoLogo" "yes"
Option "UseEdidFreqs" "yes"
VendorName "nVidia Corporation"
BoardName "NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440]"
BusID "PCI:1:5:0"
EndSection