Nice to know that!

Could you let me know what version of Linux , and (especially) XFree86
are you running?

Thanks

Jorge

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dustin Lang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 1:08 AM
Subject: [XFree86] NVidia GeForce FX Go 5200 - Success!


> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to let the relevant people know that the "nv" driver works
> on the NVidia GeForce FX Go 5200 chip.  This is the graphics card shipping
> in the new PowerBook G4 12" 1GHz machines.  I am running the CVS snapshot
> from yesterday, and the driver appears to not know about this specific
> chip, but it runs nicely.  I haven't tested it much, since I'm just
> getting my system set up, but I will report any oddities I find.
>
> The details:
>
> My XF86Config file just has
>
> #############################
> Section "Device"
>   Identifier "NV"
>   Driver "nv"
> EndSection
> #############################
>
> And at startup, X reports (please excuse typos, I haven't got wireless or
> wired ethernet working at school yet...; many lines excluded):
>
> (--) PCI:*(0:16:0) nVidia Corporation unknown chipset (0x0329) rev 161,
> Mem @ 0x91000000/24, 0xa0000000/27, BIOS @ 0x90000000/17
> (II) Loading [...]/nv_drv.o
>   compiled for 4.3.99.14, module version = 1.0.1
> (II) NV: driver for NVIDIA chipsets: [...]
> (--) Chipset 0x0329 found
> (--) NV(0): Chipset: "0x0329"
> (--) NV(0): VideoRAM: 32768 kBytes
>
>
> I'd be happy to provide any additional info.
>
> Many thanks to the nv developers and the rest of the XFree86 team!
>
> Cheers,
> dstn.
>
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
>


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to