I have just installed Linux RedHat 9.0 on an emachines M5105 notebook (set
up as a dual boot machine with the already installed Windows XP). The
machine has a 15.4" widescreen display with 1280x800 resolution. The
problem is that RH9 does not recognise the widescreen, i.e. everything is
stretched. I think it assumes my display has the standard aspect ratio of
4/3. (It is fine under Windows.)  Does anyone have any
suggestions/experience as to how I can get the correct aspect ratio, i.e.
things not stretched?  There are no appropriate options available under
linux.  I assume I have to modify the XF86Config file, but I am unsure how
(the few modifications I already tried made no difference.)  Or, in the
worst case, is there a way in which I can get the normal aspect ratio of
4/3 (e.g. 1024x768) by including black stripes at the sides? The graphics
card is an Intel 852 (Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME) with 64 MB and the i810
driver.


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to