Hello,
 
I use:
 
XFree86 4.3.0
Mandrakes 9.2 Linux distribution
Radeon 9600se
 
I've been wanting to switch to linux for the last year or so but have been unable to because my video card is not compatable with xfree86. If i am to switch to linux, i have to keep my 3d envirorment to operate with, however my Radeon 9600se video card wont work in 3d. All i can currently use in linux is the bash shell since kde wont work. I tried downloading current drivers from both www.ati.com and www.xfree86.org and have followed both of your instructions for patching xfree86. All i get is a big failed in the end on the screen, leaving me frustrated.
 
I would greatly apreciate support for Radeon 9600se and any feed back to solve this problem.
 
Thank you for your time in reading this email
 
A frustrated newbie Linux User.

Reply via email to