On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 10:03:05PM -0600, toxicfeet ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Radeon 9600se
> ...my Radeon 9600se video card wont work in 3d. All i can currently use in 
> linux is the bash shell since kde wont work. I tried downloading current 
> drivers from both www.ati.com and www.xfree86.org... 
> I would greatly apreciate support for Radeon 9600se and any feed back to 
> solve this problem.
 
I am having the same problem.  I am not a "linux newbie".  I am new to X, 
true. However, I remotely admin servers for a living. Rebuilding kernels is 
mundane.  Since I switched my GUI desktop to Linux in 2000 RH's default has
been good enough.  Until I failed to do sufficient homework on building 
my own new box, that is.  Now I have a $140 boot anchor that performs like 
a $15 generic video chipset.  Which is cheap, if I had a boat.  :-(

My understanding for lack of support for the 9600 line is ATI corporate.  
On the whole ATI is a much friendly player than others but in this case 
I suspect licensing issues with some of the tech built into the 9600.

> Thank you for your time in reading this email

um... yeah.  You are going to want to learn the proper setting for MUA 
(mail user agent == mail client).  For example, wrapping of lines. 

> A frustrated newbie Linux User.

I feel your pain.
-- 
ken
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to