Start by using the "nv" driver that comes with XFree86 rather
than NVIDIA's binary driver. We can't provide support for third
party drivers. Using the native XFree86 drivers, post your
/var/log/XFree86.0.log from the failing configuration to this list.
Mark.
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Ronen Shitrit wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have ramped up a U-Boot with a linux using the YDL dist through a uArt.
> I'm trying to use a graphic card but without any success.
> I'm trying to use three different PCI graphic card:
> ATI 3D RAGE II, Cirrus Logic 5464 and invidia RIVA TNT2.
> I think I have something very basic missing.
> >How does the X server initialize the graphic card, does it insmod the
> module for
> the detected graphic card?? if so does it has its own modules?? or it
> uses the ones I
> put under /lib/modules/...
> >when I compile the kernel without frame-buffer support and the support
> for the
> specific graphic card the Xfree86 -configure shout that I'm missing the
> /dev/fb0 file?
> Do I have to compile the driver for the graphic card in the kernel???
> >my U-Boot doesn't initialize the graphic card at all, is this might be
> the problem
> or the XFree86 isn't based on any previous initialization made to the
> PCI card.
>
> On the ATI-3D all I get is a screen filled with vertical lines.
> On the Cirrus Logic all I get is a blank screen.
> On the invidia the Kernel driver get stuck when trying to initialize the
> RIVA accel.
>
> Any help will be appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Ronen Shitrit
>
> M.S.I.L
> 6 Ha'mada St.
> Industrial Area
> P.O.Box 692
> Yokneam 20692 ISRAEL
> Tel: +972-4-9091500
> Fax: +972-4-9091501
> _____________________________________________________________
> This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
> information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual
> or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
> or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
> telephone, or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
>
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86