the bad attachment still delivers. I tried changing the error code (from 97
to 4), but it didn't work either (message was still delivered. Can you help
me getting it rejected? Here's a snippest of the log file.

10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [i]     Begin processing @@FROM -> @@RCPT
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [i]     Content-Type: multipart/mixed
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [i]     New boundary found:
----=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C4AFAE.648AE110
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [i]     Content-Type: multipart/alternative
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [i]     New boundary found:
----=_NextPart_001_0100_01C4AFAE.648AE110
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [i]     Content-Type: text/plain
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [i]     Content-Type: text/html
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [i]     Content-Type:
application/x-msdownload
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [i]     File Name: court.exe
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [!]     DANGER: attachment with extension
..exe [filename court.exe]
10/11/2004 4:22:04 PM   @@MSGID [!]     Program terminated with 4

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Francesco Vertova
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 3:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] Re: Block (some) attachments

At 13.51 11/10/04 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>What's the easiest way to reject mail that contains exe, pif and vbs and
>received on XMAIL 1.20 (windows)?

I've been running a modified version of Michail Altair Valasek's FLAVS for
a year (the link to the original version can be found on the XMail home
page). It's a VBS script that rejects messages with executable attachments
and calls F-PROT antivirus (DOS) for those with a .ZIP attachment. I've set
it up as a post-data filter (issues a 550 error after the final crlf dot
crlf). Works well on my lightweight NT4 server, no idea of possible
performance issues with a more heavily loaded server.

Ciao, Francesco