Greetings,

I'm running XMail 1.20 (I know, not the current version) on Windows 2000
Server (SP4). I have two filters that run (one from pre-data - spam
check, one from post-data - virus scan).

For the last week, I've been noticing that mail delivery is running
about 4 - 6 hours later than mail receipt. For example, I received about
5 minutes ago (7:50am) a posting from this mailing list with a time
stamp of 3:09am - but checking the SMTP log for XMail shows that it was
received by SMTP at 3:09:16 this morning. So, it sat in the processing
queue somewhere for over 4.5 hours before being delivered to my mailbox.

I have verified that if I stop XMail, then restart it, all the waiting
mail suddenly gets delivered - but new items coming in still hang up in
the queue.

Any ideas on where to look for what might be causing this? I've checked
to make sure that both the pre and post data filters are not hanging up
anywhere - there aren't any copies of them still hanging around in the
process list. And I've tried restarting the machine (same effect as
restarting XMail - queued mail gets delivered, new arriving mail sticks
in the queue).

Tracy